Tuesday, October 03, 2006

AAA is the bomb

As a AAA member you can call them and request maps and route details. It's all free and takes about a week to be mailed to you. They send you the most direct route. I requested Seattle to NY with a stop in Portland and they sent me a thick guide book for every state in between (like the kind you'd buy in a travel book store) and maps and directions all laid out for me. The books also tell you all the hotels that accept AAA on the way.

Note to anyone planning a Seattle to NY trip, there are a few routes you can take. I've been advised by many people NOT to take the northern route, which is essentially taking 80 most of the way. I'll be passing that way in late October and even that early it can be snowy and dangerous. I should have told AAA to send me a travel route with a stop in Portland AND Boulder. The route they gave me won't work on the west side of the country but I will probably try to pick it up after I grab Reb in Kansas City.

No comments: