Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Good-bye Kansas


My last photo in Kansas. I passed right by the Museum of Oz without flinching, but this -- this was worth taking a photo of because it cracked me up.

My 2 days driving through Kansas have been my best yet, if you can believe it. The calmness and openness of it all surrounded me and fed me energy and zen. I spent hours singing at the top of my lungs to my "More Cheese Please" mix on MyPod and blissed out. A few days ago I mentioned how you had to experience the lows to really feel the highs. Losing my wallet was so low for me. It made me angry... angry that I was so scattered. Angry that I don't pay attention to details enough. Angry that I distinctly remembered being so engulfed in my Crackberry right at the moment I apparently left my wallet on the hood of the car. Angry that 2 of my friends were trying to do everything they could and the stress from it all made me push them away and not embrace them. Angry that I was short and hung up on my mom when she was being aso loving and trying to help. Angry that I was so angry and couldn't breathe through it all.

And then I got the call that the man who found my wallet was trying to get in touch with me. I hung up the phone and sat in my car in shock. I thought about all the emotions from the past 12 hours. I felt the pressure that was surrounding my heart slowly easing its grasp as I was finally able to slowly fill my lungs with plenty of air and smile. Smile at the beauty of the community we call Humanity. Smile at my good fortune. Smile at the powerful nod to karma. Smile at the love of the people around me during the moments I was at my weakest. Smile at how beautiful my mom is. Smile at the clarity for the satisfying thing we call life.

No comments: