Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Manhattan, the Little Apple

I spent last night in Selina, Kansas. Sounds like Sell-EYE-nah. Rhymes with a lady part.

It was great. It's in the middle of nowhere and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express off the highway and despite my earlier rant about 2 star hotels and all that, it was all good. I think about when I was looking at hotels and being scared about not having a 4 star hotel to stay in. And I once again feel gratification for my journey because ---- it's good to get back to basics. It's good to release the ideas and expectations of metropolitan lifestyle and be in a different place.

Funny story: I went out for dinner. Went to the historic downtown Selina (which was about 2 blocks of cuteness) and sat alone in an Italian restaurant. I had a cool waitor - Brette - who sat with me and talked with me he lived in Manhattan for 7 years and just moved back and was just waiting on the winter to go to Colorado for the snowboarding. I was in shock that he could live in Manhattan for so long and then live there!!

About an hour later I learned he meant Manhattan, Kansas...

No comments: