Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Utah, the neglected state

Don't you hate it when you are having a good time and things are going perfect, and then you talk about it, and then it all goes to shit? YEAH... me too.

Last time I wrote I was in Salt Lake City. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco which was a BEAUTIFUL blessing to find since we tried 3 hotels before that that were totally booked up (on a sunday! in salt lake city!!) AND this was way more our speed than any of the other places anyway. Kimpton hotels, baby. The Monaco's have never let me down. AND they are pet-friendly. AND they have really cute outdoorish/rocker-ish/cool guys working there. In Salt Lake City! Yes, they gave us a feeling of warmth and community in the otherwise conservative and God-fearing city.

I couldn't help but look through the lenses of Big Love (HBO) in Salt Lake City. I am not like Mormons. I will remain noncontvevertial and only say that. Wow. They really love their God. And they look just like they do on TV!!! (Sorry, I just couldn't help it. No one ever said I wasn't a product of the media...) :)

From SLC we headed through Eastern Utah. It's breathtaking. I haven't seen red rocks since I traveled through the south US years ago. There is something about the color of the red rocks and their fragile build that mesmorizes me in such a beautiful way...



Utah.


SERIOUSLY.


No comments: