Tuesday, October 24, 2006

You have to have the Deep Lows to really FEEL the Real Highs

I have learned a lesson in the past 2 days. I actually have learned a lot more than that.

From Wyoming we drove into Colorado. We arrived in Fort Collins and took out the directions to Cindy's house in Boulder. It says - 30 miles from Fort Collins! - so I pull off, get gas, call the Boulders, settle back in for our last 45 minutes. When we get to Cindy's intrisically I know something's wrong. Long story short - I lost my wallet. We tore apart the car. We looked everywhere. I decided it had to be at that gas station we stopped at and motored back an hour just to find it wasn't there. Unfortunately my night in Boulder was all of this and then coming home after another hour of driving just pissed off.

When I woke up I saw how beautiful Boulder is. I saw how close the mountains were. I took a deep breathe of the scent of leaves that were yellow and crunchy and under my feet. Then I went to the coffee shop to see they had vegan and gluten-free foods and juices and baristas who sell their own home-made jewelery at the counter, and amazing art on the walls, from funky-painted snow boards to spiritual healers and even more granola and spiritualistic art that I didn't have enough time to understand. But the fact that it was all there... in this seemingly little mountain town... made me want to go back and just git my hippie on desperately.

No comments: